Infrared Thermometer Usage:
- Open the latch on the bottom of the handle and insert two AAA batteries. Battery orientation is detailed on the inside of the latch.
- Pull trigger to turn on infrared thermometer.
- While thermometer is turned on, press the “SET” button to switch between “Body” and “Surface” reading. Make sure to have thermometer on the “Body” setting for body temperature readings.
- Hold thermometer 1-2 inches away from forehead and pull trigger to get reading.
- Thermometer must be 1-2 inches away from forehead for an accurate reading.
- Inaccurate measurements may be seen if the forehead is wet or covered in makeup or hair. Inaccurate measurements may be seen in direct sunlight or directly under a fan or air conditioning.
- Default accuracy is ± 0.4 °F.
- Changing between Celsius/ Fahrenheit
- With batteries installed, and the thermometer on, press and hold the “SET” button until it goes to the F-1 menu (about 2 seconds).
- Press the “SET” button twice to get to the F-3 menu.
- Press the + or - buttons to switch between Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Press the “SET” button two times to exit the menus.
Changing Default Measurement (Calibration)
- With the batteries installed, and the thermometer on, press and hold the “SET” button until it goes to the F-1 menu (about 2 seconds).
- Decrease or increase the default temperature reading using the + or - button.
- Press the “SET” button three times to exit the menus.
NOTE: Changing the default temperature reading will affect the accuracy of the thermometer. This should only be done when calibrating the infrared thermometer with an oral thermometer.